Please read ALL of the information below BEFORE signing up for a trip. You can contact us through Facebook and Instagram with any questions before booking. You can also find common questions answered in our FAQ page and the About Our Trip page.
1. We do NOT allow drugs or alcohol on our trips, this is strictly enforced and also includes vapes with illegal substances (substances illegal in the state of TN), liquor-soaked fruit and edibles with illegal substances (substances illegal in the state of TN).
2. We DO NOT allow open-toed shoes on our trips. You must be wearing closed-toed shoes or you will not be allowed on the trip (this is for your protection). Water shoes without rubber toe protection are also not allowed. Old tennis shoes that you don't mind getting wet are best and you will be required to keep them on even when in the water.
3. We only allow ages 9 and above on our trips. Typically ages 12 and above are the ages that can comfortably paddle the whole way on their own.
4. Per Army Corps. and State Park rules, drones are not allowed on our trips.
5. **Very IMPORTANT**You need to be at the parking lot at 9:15 am CST Sharp. We will spend some time meeting everyone, answer any questions and go over an important pre-trip brief of needed information at the parking lot. The bus will leave the parking lot with or without the whole group and will not return until after the trip, so be sure to be on time.
6. Dogs are not allowed on our trips.
7. You will need to bring a lunch, water, and snacks as we will be out for 5-6 hours enjoying the incredible experience of Burgess Falls!
Water levels are not always at summer pool where we can kayak all the way to the waterfall, there may be a hike up to the bottom after the paddle (This can be a short and easy hike, a moderate hike or a strenuous hike depending on the time of year and water levels). Please contact us with any concerns about this. We want you to have a fun and exciting trip and be well-prepared for your trip so you have your very best experience!
**We do not allow tag alongs with their own equipment on our trips. No one is allowed to meet us at the launch to participate in the trip due to outfitter regulations and we do not transport others equipment for our trips.** We provide Kayak, Guides, Gear and transportation from our parking lot to launch and back to the parking lot post trip.
**See the Calendar below for availability! Be aware our trip times are in Central Standard Time** Welcome to our Kayaking Family!
***Gift Cards can only be used for trips and are NOT available for use while purchasing KAT Merch***
There is a 20% non-refundable deposit per person that is a part of your total price when signing up for our trips. If cancellation is made in writing (by email) at least 48 hours before the trip, the full amount minus the non-refundable deposit will be made back to the card on file ...Credit Cards are manually refunded through TripWorks in 5-10 business days. Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the trip will not be refunded** but can be rescheduled if there is availability. We do go out rain or shine. We value you as a part of our kayaking family so please contact us with any questions or concerns. The best way to contact us is via Facebook or Instagram for the fastest response. The e-mail is only checked about once per day.
**Bad Weather Policy: We go out rain or shine, it is up to you to check the weather and decide if it's weather you want to be out in. You can reschedule if there is availability or be refunded the full amount minus the non-refundable deposit of 20% per person.
As this is the first year with our new online booking I've provided some troubleshooting that I think some may have while booking. A reminder that we are a small business, and there is only one person doing our social media, booking, questions, and website. I'm also a guide and on the water all day. I hope this quick list will help you with some common questions I've had so far for when I am on the water or unavailable. If you can't get something figured out shoot me a message on FB, Instagram, or TikTok and I will respond as quickly as possible. Thank you so much for supporting our small business! We are working hard to give you an amazing, stress-free experience at Burgess Falls! - Tara
When signing up for a trip a few people have told us they don't see a place to enter payment. When you are on the last page that says Confirm & Checkout, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see the payment area. It will look like the picture to the left.
When you click a date and fill in your booking information, your spots are automatically held for 5 minutes while you complete your booking. If you are signing up at a high traffic time its possible someone is already working on their booking for the spots and currently in the 5 minute window. Be sure to check back in about 5 minutes, it will show if the spots were filled or if there person decided not to book and the spots became open again.
There could be two reasons: 1. Ensure you are looking at the calendar for the Burgess Falls Guided Kayaking Experience and not the Sunrise Paddle. The sunrise paddle is only for 3 special days in July. If you are looking at that calendar, only those 3 days are available all year and the rest will say unavailable. 2. You booked later in the season and we are full (be sure to book ahead, we only have 13 spots per day and we only do one, no-rush trip per day)
Copyright © 2023 Kayaking Adventures of Tennessee - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder